Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bye, Bye, Sally

Before I start...I have a link with some of my pictures to the right. I couldn't figure out how to get them on this page. I'm really tired and can't think straight!

Last night I finally got to see Geneva. Well...I didn't really see much of it because it was pretty late at night. We (the other au pairs and I) took Sally (the au pair I am replacing) out for some drinks and to go to a club. Of course, it was a lot of fun. But honestly, and perhaps this is because of the locations we went to, it wasn't that much different than I'm used to. I was able to get around strictly speaking English. Even the vast majority of the music was English...not our best American songs, I might add. The biggest difference was the dancing. The girls were pretty much the same...but the men here actually dance. Of course, this is great for me because I love to dance (I didn't say I'm good at it). But there were several times when I would just stare at groups of guys dancing together. Seeing men dance is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

What made the night exceptional was getting to meet the other Au Pairs in the group. There's Jane from Akron, Caitlin from Vancouver, and Lauren from Brisbane. They are a lot of fun and its great to have potential friends over here. Being with only kids and parents will eventually get quite taxing I'm sure. The only problem with them is that they are leaving soon, too! And it looks like some of their families aren't getting replacements.

Its nice to finally have some time off with this being the weekend. Its a little weird though because I need a break from the kids, but they keep wanting to play with me. I'm going to have to find a way to get out and spread my wings some more, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Noah -- great to see you are keeping a blog. It sounds like you are off to a good start. That's one thing I learned when I went to Europe is that they love American music. It's a little strange.-Rebecca (your cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was so glad to hear you met other au pairs...but then sad to hear they will leave soon...when exactly? You'll meet some friends though in your French class, right? Hey, what about taking some French cooking classes too??? Potential friends...

    ReplyDelete