Thursday, April 15, 2010

Favorite Cities: #5

#5
Prague, Czech Republic
Looking at these scores, I think they exemplify what Prague is all about for me: Well-Rounded.  I only gave it one 5.  To me, Prague wasn't GREAT at anything...but it was really good at many things.  Sometimes, that's a formula for disaster.  But for Prague, no.  Prague doesn't try to be anything that it's not.  Prague is proud of who she is.  Prague knows how to kick back and relax, but put on a tuxedo for an evening out.  Prague was one of the most inviting cities that I visited.  While I am rating these cities from my own experiences and tastes, I feel that Prague is a city nearly anyone can embrace.  I highly recommend it.

History: 3
What kept me from giving it a 1 is the Communist history of the country.
Grandeur: 4
Grand cafes, grand buildings...but no Paris.
Cuisine: 4
Great at what they do. Little variety.
Weather:2
Eh.
"It" Factor: 4
Beer brings this number up.
Museums: 3
Specialness: 2
Beer brings this number up.
Return Factor: 3
Even though I was only there for 2 days, there wasn't anything I really missed.  However, I would love to hang out in this city again.
Cliche Factor: 1
9 out of 10 people I ask say that this is their favorite city.  I don't want to follow their lead.
Public Transport: 3
Never used it.  Didn't need to.  Didn't want to.
Ease: 4
Easy to get around and not get lost.
Tourism Industry: 4
Size: 4
I'm giving higher scores to smaller cities.  Prague was smaller than I thought it was going to be.
Bang for the Buck: 5
CHEAP

Total: 47
http://noahschlueter.blogspot.com/2010/03/catchy-title-about-prague.html

No comments:

Post a Comment