Monday, April 12, 2010

Excuses, Excuses...

I lied to everyone.  I said that during my last month here, I would post something everyday.  I was way off.  But I have a few excuses!

Excuse #1: Butler.  I am a Butler Bulldog through and through.  I bleed Blue (II).  When I went to school, I was first in line to give a tour of our wonderful university just so I could gush about it.  I recruited my younger brother to the wonderful campus, I extended my stay an extra half year, and I even worked as an intern in the admissions department (my dream is to get a real job there).  So, when the Bulldogs made the Final Four...espn.com, indystar.com, facebook.com, etc., became my frequent stops when I had free time.  That took up a LOT of time.  The blog took a backseat.
(I'm also really sad that I wasn't in Indy for this event.  Honestly, I would trade this whole year just to have been there).

Excuse #2: My mom.  Through an EXTREMELY generous, anonymous, donor, my mom is coming to visit me!  She's coming April 20 and staying to go home with me on the 28th.  We'll spend 6 days down on the French Riviera.  With all of this happening all of a sudden, I've dedicated my other efforts towards planning her trip (booking flights, hotels, etc.).  For a normal person, this wouldn't take too long.  But I over-analyze things, so I spend hours finding the best deals.  Therefore, the blog took a backseat.
(I'm REALLY excited about this.)

Excuse #3: The baseball season started last Monday.  I LOVE the White Sox.  They take a lot of my time.  The blog's been taking a backseat.

There you have it.  My 3 loves in life: My family, Butler, and sports (in that order).  My blog doesn't even crack the top 50.

Back to it.  I'll try to write some more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm REALLY excited about coming to see you, too! I know I would have seen you in just a few more days here, but to see you in the environment you've been living for the last year is very exciting to me. To get to meet Macsen and Aiden is a big plus, too. And, on top of all that, to have the opportunity to go to the French Riviera is beyond belief. The fact that you made such an impact on someone in France that made him/her/them willing to do this for me because it would make you happy too, speaks volumes for the type of person you are. People love you wherever you go! (But never as much as your family at home!) I'm starting to work on my packing, and cannot WAIT to get there! I love you.

    ReplyDelete