Monday, March 22, 2010

Top Museums: #5

Get ready for some massive blogging.  I have 30 more days in France, so its time for my closing blogs.  In the next 30 days, I will be counting down a "Top 5" list on 6 different topics (5x6=30!).  It's really hard to compare things such as cities, museums, foods, etc.  But I'm going to do it because I love to quantify things.  And to make even more quantifications, this is how I'm doing my rankings:
I've made subcategories within each topic.  Each is scored from 1-5.  The entity with the highest score wins.  Simple.  You'll get it once I start.

Ok, I'm starting.

Topic #1: Top 5 Museums

#5 Nationalmuseet (National Museum of Denmark)
Even though Oslo was unable to crack the top 5, they can claim a part of this title.  Scandinavia boasts some very good national museums.  Great history, great art, and great information.

History: 4
Ancient corpses found in local bogs, viking relics, surprisingly rich history of royalty
Fun: 3
As fun as a museum can be.
Touching: 1
I remember getting choked up while looked at the dead bodies...oh wait, no I didn't.
Presentation: 4
Niceness: 4
Magnitude: 5
Couldn't even see everything.
Information: 5
I've never learned so much about prehistoric peoples.
Atmosphere: 4
"It" Factor: 2
Have any of you heard of it?  Wasn't "awe-inspiring."
Language: 5
Everything in English!
Total: 38

I don't have a picture of the museum...but here's Copenhagen!

No comments:

Post a Comment