Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Aspiring Satorialist at the Geneva Car Show


This last weekend, I went to the Geneva Car Show.  I thought nearly every major city in Europe has a car show...nope.  Geneva is the big kahuna.  So that's pretty neat, right?

I don't love cars.  I don't hate them.  I just like car shows.  My dad took me to Chicago's car show a couple times, so it makes me think of him and consequently, home.  I think that's why I wanted to go.

So what does a 24 year old male notice at a car show?  That's right...the models.  Out of all the pictures I took, not one was of a car.  And when I say that I took pictures of models, that's a bit of a stretch.  They were more like relatives of the people in charge, dressed hideously (see bottom photo, especially) to help distinguish them from any normal person walking around.  I wanted to take a picture of all the models, but I felt like a creep.  So I ended up with a bunch of pictures of the "models'" asses.  I was too shy to take a picture of their faces.
(If you're curious of what "Satorialist" means in my title, look at this blog.)
A couple final thoughts:
  • Yes, that man in the blue suit has matching blue shoes.  And yes, that was their uniform.
  • I'm going to get super patriotic here, but America is smarter than everyone else.  The only section that really stood out from the others was Ford.  They gave out free drinks, had multiple different games to play, and dressed their models HORRIBLY (bottom photo, again).  Did the cars make us stay around?  No.  The brilliant marketing did.  Why don't other companies do this?  Don't say that Ford needs to make itself noticed due to their inferior product.

2 comments:

  1. Hey.. Leave the poor guy alone. They're blue SUEDE shoes.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could give the Sart a run for his money with those pics!! Who cares about cars when you can people watch??!

    ReplyDelete