Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Top Museums: #3

#3 Dokumentationszentrum Reichsparteitagsgelände (Documentation Center at the Nazi Party Grounds)
Nuremberg, Germany
Nazi history at it's heart.  You can watch all the History Channel you want, but to see this in Germany, in Nuremberg...remarkable.

History: 5
Nearly the entire history of Hitler and the Nazis...in detail.
Fun:4
Ok...maybe not that much fun for everyone.  To me...I could listen to this stuff all day.
Touching: 4
What got to me was seeing the childrens' drawings of Jews.  Heart-braking.
Presentation: 5
The huge black and white photos were awesome.  GREAT pictures.
Niceness: 5
Surprisingly nice building.  Nice red brick everywhere.
Magnitude: 4
A lot, but able to be seen in one day.
Information: 5
The most you can learn about Nazis without reading a book.
Atmosphere: 4
I think I saw ghosts of Nazi past.
"It" Factor: 4
Nazis, Hitler, Nuremberg, future Nazi capital
Language: 1
Nothing in English.  I had to listen to EVERYTHING.  Takes too long.
Total: 41
 

No comments:

Post a Comment