Monday, November 16, 2009

Travel Conundrum

Traveling:
I know I posted information about my future travel plans last week...but now I need to vent to someone about my problems I'm having.  Ok, maybe they're not problems.  I just have too many options and not enough time and money.  Here are some itineraries I'm planning for my Christmas Break:
Milan-->Helsinki(Finland)-->St. Petersburg(yes, Russia)-->Riga(Latvia...really?)-->Milan
Milan-->Rome-->Oslo(Norway)-->Krakow(Poland, Auschwitz)-->Milan
Milan-->Berlin-->Dublin-->Krakow-->Milan
Milan-->UK-->Canary Islands(off the coast of Africa)-->UK-->Milan

So where do I go?  Any suggestions?  As you can see, I'm a man who doesn't like to do the usual.  I don't know why.  But who would pick Baltic or Scandinavian countries during the winter during his one year in Europe? 

Olympic Museum:
After visiting my second Olympic city last month (Barcelona...the other was Sydney), I realized that I have an infatuation on the Olympics.  I've been an unaware Olympic-phile.  Just off the top of my head (with no help from wikipedia), I can tell you the previous 8 summer olympics...Beijing, Athens, Sydney, Atlanta, Barcelona, Seoul, LA, Moscow...with London and Rio to follow.  Is that normal?  Wait...is it normal for someone my age?  Maybe it is.  But really, over the years, I've fallen in love with the Olympics.  I think it was my crushes on Dominique Moceanu, Dominique Dawes, and Shannon Miller that started it all.

Anyway, I decided to take a short jaunt to Lausanne (a little North of Geneva) to see the Olympic Museum.  The official one.  It really reminded me of some sort of Hall of Fame.  That means it was really cool.  Lots of multimedia stuff and really interesting artifacts.  I loved it.  Definitely one of my favorite museums I've seen in Europe.

Every once in a while, I have to stop and realize the beauty of this place that I'm taking for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment