Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Spain: Barcelona vs. Madrid

Naturally, while visiting 2 cities in one week, I made comparisons.  Here are my thoughts between Barcelona and Madrid:
  • Barcelona is laid back.  Madrid is up-tight.
  • Barcelona, while big, seems small.  Madrid seems big.
  • Barcelona's beach creates a different atmosphere.  Madrid has no beach.
  • I saw maybe 4 suits my whole time in Bar.  Madrid, I think 86.
  • Bar.'s old town is charming with many winding streets.  Madrid's old town is...ehh.
  • Bar. has a lot of green space (parks, beach).  Madrid has very little.
  • Equal metro systems.
  • Bar.'s women seemed hotter.
  • Bar. is very adapted towards tourists.  I heard tons of English and French and it seemed like the locals all spoke English.  Madrid seemed to speak only Spanish.
*These are all strictly observations made by me.  These aren't facts.  Clearly, I liked Barcelona better.  Molly liked Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment