Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Aiden's Hitz

Aiden's been dropping hits (droppin hitz) lately.  Even though I'm really mad at him right now (he's being grumpy), I'll say some of the cute/funny things he's said over the past couple days.

A conversation between Aiden and I:
- Did you notice I got the window (of my car) fixed?
- No.  How did you fix it?
- I took it to a garage.
- And you fixed it there?
- I didn't fix it.  I paid someone.
- Oh...(long pause)...what was his name?

Aiden and I have a thing we do on Tuesdays.  Because his brother is in English school, we normally cook together and have a great time.  I usually play music while we do this.  Yesterday, I was in a Fleetwood Mac mood.  The song "Don't Stop" came on.  If you're not familiar, here's the chorus.
Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,
Don't stop, it'll soon be here,
It'll be, better than before,
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone

Out of the blue, this is what Aiden says to me:
He's saying about life.  He's saying that he wants life, and he thinks it won't come.  But the others are singing that it will come.

A few days ago, I made chicken fried rice.  This includes the addition of soy sauce.  Dark soy sauce.  When I brought it to the table, Aiden said disapprovingly, "You burnt the rice!".

Typing these words don't do him justice.  You really need to hear him say them.  And his timing is impeccable.  I'm just glad I'm living with an observant philosopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment