Sunday, January 24, 2010

Progression


My hair and my skiing hopes...one of these is gone and the other is strong.  You have until the end of this blog to figure it out.

This week, I had a strong urge.  People who really know me, know that I can be very spontaneous.  That's what I was this week.  I decided the hair had to go.  Here's a pictorial progression...


Yes, ladies.  That was me without my shirt.  If anyone wants the full body shots, send a self-addressed envelop to me. 
 
And yes everyone else, that was Macsen cutting my hair.  I hired him to cut and Aiden to document.  After the initial cuts, I got really nervous Macsen was going to cut off my ear, so I got out the razor and went to town.  As you can see, a new final result.

Couple notes on the new do:
  1. It is a LOT colder.  And just my luck, the same day that I cut my hair, my car window broke.  It rolled down and won't come back up!  MY window.  I think God liked my long hair.
  2. I've been getting strong reactions to this look.  Its funny, but it seems like 2 camps are forming: short hair vs long hair.  Clearly, my preference lies in the look which requires NO maintenance.  This is nice.  But I also think that people like change.  I think the people who think this looks better are at least somewhat responding to the fact that there's a change.  There's probably some psychological explanation.
Secondly, I can SKI!!!  I'm really not good.  But I can manage to go down slopes now.  I fall.  Boy, do I fall.  But I don't mind.  I fight through it and once I get going, I fall much less.  If you're curious as to what I look like while skiing, I'm convinced that I look like a bear with skis stumbling down the mountain.

I'm going to the Alps next weekend with the family.  My goal is to be able to catch up with Macsen.

Also...my job hunting has begun.  I might post my progress once in a while, but I might not...I don't know.  If there's anyone out there who wants to give me a job, sign me up!

Aiden fans: here's a picture of the kid.  I also have a new video of him saying the word "yellow."  The link is on the right under "youtube videos".  Enjoy.


Editor's note: After receiving much feedback last week on the shoes comment, I feel I need to make another statement.  Wearing shoes in the house seems to be a very localized phenomenon.  Europeans told me that Americans wear shoes in the house and vice versa.  There is no blanket statement that works.  I am just sharing my experiences, however limited they may be.

2 comments:

  1. *chanting* i love short hair! you love short hair! we aaaaaaaaall loooooooooveeee NOAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    ps - props on the skiing man! =) MISS YOOOOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In one of those pictures it looks like your ears are weird and swollen and gross because of whatever you are standing in front of. Just thought you should know :)

    ReplyDelete