Saturday, April 25, 2009

Introduction

You've made it to my blog! Congratulations. This must mean that you are one or more of the following:
  1. a family member
  2. one of my terrific friends
  3. a former teacher, professor, or colleague of mine (that probably puts you in category 2, also)
  4. someone who has randomly stumbled upon this very interesting topic
  5. someone who knows me, but isn't a friend of mine and wants to stalk me
  6. other
Regardless how you've ended up here, I'm surprised you've stuck around this far into my writing. I, and my professors can attest to this, am not the world's best writer. Some people are blessed with handsome good looks, and others get writing skills. I got neither of these...I was just blessed with an extra large sternum. Anyway, I figure that if you've made it this far, you might stick around to hear more of what I have to say about where I'm going with this blog.

For those of you that don't know, on May 6th, I am moving to France to become an Au Pair for a year. This blog is designed to update the people of my life who would like to know how I'm doing overseas. In addition to that, I'm hoping to spread the observations that I make while living in such a different culture and part of the world. It doesn't matter to me if you are just curious like I am, or if you want to live vicariously through me. Either way, I'll be posting stories, information, pictures and videos to help show you all the uniqueness and beauty of the places I will be visiting and the experiences I will be having. I have never written a blog or read one before, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I'll try to make posts that won't bore you and I'll try to update this as much as I can.

Ok, that's enough of writing about nothing. If anyone has any questions or comments or plain old correspondence to send me, I'd love to hear them!

Au Revoir!

3 comments:

  1. NOAH!

    I am so excited for you. And I will check your blog everyday-- do you know how long you will be there (I did not see this in the FAQ page...) You make me want to be an au pair as well...

    bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren! I've now updated my FAQ page to include just what you are looking for.
    Be an au pair! I mean, I don't know yet, but it seems like it will be a lot of fun. Or you can at least come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm defo number 5....
    CREEPOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete