Sunday, September 6, 2009

Introducing...Molly

Montreux- NW corner of Lake Geneva. Geneva- SE corner.

Molly and I getting ready for canoeing

By now, I think you might know how much I rely on the other au pairs here for my entertainment. And by now, I think you might know how all the au pairs I met when I got here are all gone. I think you might also know that I really, really enjoyed those first au pairs. However, the show must go on...and the show so far has been staring Molly.

Molly is a true Georgia Peach from Macon, GA. She's an Ole Miss alum, majoring in psychology. If I had to guess, she's probably 5'3'' and enjoys Curb Your Enthusiasm, My Morning Jacket, and Tailgating at college football games. Best of all, while she doesn't have a thick southern accent, she does have one. Its fantastic. I actually might be learning as much of southern culture as I did of Australian culture from Lauren. Jane was really good at French so she was always our spokesperson...Molly speaks zero French. Now I'm our spokesperson. Let's just say that typically, my first thing I say to someone is "Do you speak English"?

Why I am telling you all of this? Well, I need to. Why? Because so far, she's the only other au pair that's here. I don't want to say that I've been "stuck" with her, because (thankfully) she's phenomenal. She's been a great traveling buddy. So...for the time being, all adventures I have will be with her.

What are these adventures? Well, let me tell ya. The first weekend Molly and I spent the day in Montreux, Switzerland (see map above). It was beautiful. Its a small resort city. Basically, we had eat there and did some walking. The nice part was our short trip north to the Nestle Chocolate factory. You may recall that I went there before. Well, this time...the timing was PERFECT. We missed the last tour, so the lady said we could go by ourselves. Tour- not that great. Chocolate tasting room- AWESOME! Imagine being in a room, alone, with 15 different varieties of chocolate out for free tasting. Let's just say that we both got sick.

This last weekend, we went canoeing. I'm not really sure why, but I've really wanted to do this for quite some time. The canoeing was quite fun and peaceful...except for the fact I managed to get a foot of water in the rear end of the canoe...Molly had nothing. Honestly, I thought the scenery was going to be a lot nicer. But still, it was a lot of fun and I'm glad I did it.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Molly! I love her for being a good friend for you!(Interestingly enough, Devin went canoeing this weekend, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just don't have too many frates together :) I might get jealous. It was sooo wonderful to see you while you're in town. Live it up the next 8 months... I'll see you soon,

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had eat there?? Just keeps getting worse and worse.

    ReplyDelete