Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Music

Before I get started, I want to apologize to any European reading this. While I do not agree with your taste in music, I respect of differences. I have no problem with you people listening to what you listen to.

With that being said, I HATE European music. Wait...maybe I don't HATE it. I HATE country music...I only really dislike European music. You might be thinking, "Wait Noah, don't you like The Hives (Swedish), Phoenix (French), Franz Ferdinand (Irish), The Beatles (British), etc?!" Yes, I do...but this is not the kind of music I'm talking about. It seems like this music is not really popular over here...weird, but true. Instead, techno or house music is the soup du jour.

This music has no rhythm, little to no lyrics, and no humanity. Basically, its someone on an electric machine making beats and noise. And the repetitiveness of it all!!! Its the same thing over and over and over.

There have been many times when we go to a club and then the DJ gets into a European funk. I just have to sit down. There is nothing in that music that makes me want to move any part of my body other than my mouth to complain about it.

Sorry Europeans...I love your history, but I do not like your music.

1 comment:

  1. BA YOU SAID SOUP DE JOUR!!!!!! you're SOOO marvy and i love it.
    and you said music has no humanity. does that mean it steals from the poor to give to the rich? im confused ;)

    and dont worry - i felt the same way. and then, about 10 months later, i started to love it. and im listening to some right now. as i clicked on music, it was about 2 minutes into the song. and its still going. good ol' 11 minutes euro BA BA BAAAA BA BA BAAA songs HA!

    ReplyDelete